Microsoft Windows [Version 5.2.3790]
(C) Copyright 1985-2003 Microsoft Corp.
connect to server server100
Binding to server100 …
Connected to server100 using credentials of locally logged on user.
Transfer domain naming master
Transfer infrastructure master
Transfer RID master
Transfer schema master
Today i tried to remove Exchange 2003, but i get Error code 0X80072030 (8240): There is no such object on the server.
Based on my research, this may be caused by postmaster mailbox points to a invalid user.
On the Exchange Server, we will have a Postmaster account. If there is no
postmaster account available, the Prerequisites will always pass
successfully. If there is a postmaster, and his mailbox has the homeMDB
attribute which was pointed to the current Exchange Server, then the
Prerequisites will only pass when this server is the last server in the
organization. Otherwise, the uninstall will fail.
The Postmaster account is not easy to find via Exchange System Manager (ESM) or Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC), so we need to use ADSI Edit again. To do so,
– In ADSI EDIT, locate the following container:
CN=Configuration, DC=Domain,DC=Com\CN=Services\CN=Microsoft Exchange\CN=EXCHANGE\CN=Global Settings\CN=Message Delivery
– Right click on “CN=Message Delivery” and click Properties.
– Find the attribute named “msExchAdminMailbox”.
The value of msExchAdminMailbox is the user which owns the Postmaster account.
– In ADSI EDIT, try to find this user. If you can find it, open its properties, and check its HomeMDB attribute. Which Server is it pointing to? It is possible that you cannot find this user in AD. If yes, please go to the next step.
– Please change the msExchAdminMailbox value to another user which mailbox is hosted in another Exchange Server.
For example, assume that we need to remove Server A, and the Server B is running now. Let us find a user which mailbox is located on B. Assume this user is Nasser . You can use the following method to determine the msExchAdminMailbox value:
a) Open ADSI Edit and find user Nasser in the Domains\Users container.
b) In Nasser’s Properties page, please check the HomeMDB value to ensure it is in another existing Exchange server.
c) Locate the “distinguishedname” of Nasser , and copy the value of it to msExchAdminMailbox
To get wget to use a proxy, you must set up an environment variable before using wget.
# export http_proxy=”http://proxy.netwox.net:3128″